- 6 ounces cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- Cook beef in a large pot over medium heat until browned on all sides. Stir in onion, garlic, zucchini, squash, and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Stir in chicken, broth, and cream. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 hours.
- Stir in corn. Cover, and increase heat to medium low. Simmer for 45 minutes. If the stew becomes too thick, stir in a little water to reach the desired consistency.
Southwest Garden Stew, recipe