- 2 large zucchini, halved and quartered
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning®)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Scoop flesh out of zucchini using a spoon, creating boats.
- Mix turkey, green bell pepper, onion, egg, bread crumbs, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, garlic, steak seasoning, cumin, and thyme together in a large bowl. Fill zucchini boats with turkey mixture. Cover with salsa and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until turkey is no longer pink in the center and zucchini is very tender, about 45 minutes.
southwest stuffed zucchini, recipe