- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup millet
- 4 zucchini, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water and millet to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat, cover saucepan, and simmer until water is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Fluff millet with a fork.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; cook zucchini until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Drain water. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Spoon meat out of center, leaving a 1/8- to 1/4-inch border in zucchini. Reserve zucchini meat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat ghee in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, red bell pepper, and garlic until slightly soft, about 5 minutes. Stir millet, zucchini meat, and salt into onion mixture. Slowly pour 1/4 cup water into mixture while constantly stirring; cook until desired consistency is reached, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon millet mixture into hollowed zucchini and place in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned on top, 15 to 20 minutes.
Millet Stuffed Zucchini, recipe