- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- olive oil
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced cooked ham
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced salami
- 1/2 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Cook and stir Italian sausage in a skillet over medium heat, breaking the sausage into crumbles as it cooks, until well browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain excess grease; set sausage aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Oil the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan with olive oil.
- Cut 1/3 of the dough off the loaf and set aside under a cloth. Form the remaining 2/3 dough into a ball and roll into a 14-inch circle on a floured work surface.
- Line the springform pan with rolled dough, allowing dough to hang over the edge by 2 inches all around.
- Layer half the cooked Italian sausage, half the mozzarella cheese, half the ham, half the provolone cheese, half the salami, and half the pepperoni into the pie crust.
- Spoon and spread half the ricotta cheese over the layers of meat and cheeses.
- Sprinkle half the Parmesan cheese over the ricotta.
- Pour half the 8 beaten eggs over the layers; continue layering the remaining meats, sliced cheeses, ricotta cheese, and then Parmesan cheese.
- Pour remaining beaten eggs over the last layer of Parmesan cheese.
- Roll out remaining piece of bread dough to a circle about 12 inches in diameter; lay the piece over the pie to form the top crust. Roll and pinch the bottom crust overhang over the top crust to seal in the filling.
- Beat 1 egg with water in a small bowl; brush the top of the pie with egg wash.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set, 50 to 60 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the crust should come out without raw egg.
- Allow pie to cool in the pan for at least 25 minutes before releasing the spring and removing pie from the pan. Transfer to a serving platter and cut into wedges for serving.
Special talian Easter Pizza, recipe