- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste
- Place the corn into a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the corn is fully cooked, about 2 minutes. Drain the corn in a colander set in the sink.
- Mix together the warm corn, black-eyed peas, ham, celery, and onion in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together the sour cream, ketchup, cilantro, Cajun seasoning, and hot pepper sauce in a bowl until smooth. Stir the dressing lightly into the black-eyed pea mixture until thoroughly mixed. Serve immediately.
Spicy Creamy Cajun Ham and Black Eyed Peas Salad, recipe