- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (4 pound) pork loin roast, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- Mix flour, chili powder, paprika, cumin, adobo seasoning, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add pork and toss until coated.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; fry pork in batches until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer browned pork to a slow cooker.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in the same skillet until vegetables are fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir tomatoes, barbeque sauce, brown sugar, and hot sauce into onion mixture and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour sauce over pork.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Transfer pork to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker and stir. Continue to cook, uncovered, until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
Spicy Pulled Pork, recipe