- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 2 pounds fresh whole green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place turkey bacon in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook to desired crispness, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Mix Swanson(R) Chicken Stock, cream, lemon juice, minced garlic, and dill in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, 30 seconds.
- Place water in the bottom of a double boiler; water should not touch the bottom of the top pan. Bring water to a boil. Lightly beat egg yolks in the top of the double boiler. Cook, stirring until thickened and egg yolks are about double in volume, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Gradually whisk in stock/cream mixture, whisking until completely combined. Mix thoroughly for another minute. Season with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Remove from heat and cover to keep sauce warm.
- Set a steamer basket insert into a large saucepan. Pour in Swanson(R) Chicken Broth to just below the bottom of the steamer; bring to a boil. Add green beans, season with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Discard leftover chicken broth or reserve for another use.
- Transfer beans to a serving dish; sprinkle with bacon crumbles. Top with hollandaise sauce and serve.
Steamed Fresh Green Beans with Garlic Dill Hollandaise Sauce, recipe