- 4 cups crushed strawberries
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 2 3/4 cups agave nectar
- 9 half pint canning jars with lids and rings
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, and pectin in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir agave nectar into strawberry mixture until dissolved; return to a rolling boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove saucepan from heat. Skim foam from top of jam, if needed.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack jam into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
strawberry-rhubarb jam with agave, recipe