- 10 ounces fresh spinach - chopped, washed and dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, dill and strawberries. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large glass jar with tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, dry mustard and cayenne pepper. Shake well until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over chilled fruit and greens; toss to coat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Strawberry Spinach Salad, recipe