- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- Combine cucumber slices and salt in a heatproof bowl and set aside for 90 minutes.
- Place cucumbers in a sieve and wash well under running cold water. Drain well, return cucumbers to the bowl, and add onion.
- Combine white sugar, white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds, and turmeric in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar, about 3 minutes. Pour liquid over cucumbers and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Transfer cucumbers and liquid to a container with a tight-fitting lid, cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
sweet refrigerator pickles, recipe