- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 carrots, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 scallions, minced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, or to taste
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add 1 teaspoon canola oil. Cook and stir eggs in the hot oil until scrambled and set, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer eggs to a plate, clean the wok, and return to high heat.
- Mix 1 tablespoon canola oil, carrots, and salt in the hot wok; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add garlic to carrots; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant and browned, about 2 minutes. Stir peas and scallions into carrot mixture; cook and stir until peas are warmed, 1 to 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium.
- Stir rice into carrot mixture; add scrambled eggs, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir rice mixture until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Take Out-Style Fried Rice, recipe