- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cover and steam until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Blend cauliflower, garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground turkey in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir water, macaroni, peas, and soup mix into turkey; simmer until pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour pasta mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread cauliflower mixture over pasta mixture. Sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Tasty Shepherd's Pie with Mashed Cauliflower and Ground Turkey, recipe