- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz 57)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup steak sauce, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine milk and soft bread crumbs in a small bowl and allow to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, 3 tablespoons steak sauce, chopped onion, and green bell pepper. Add bread crumb mixture, and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined.
- Pat the the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Brush the top with additional steak sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until done. Allow to stand 5 minutes before slicing.
The Best Meatloaf, recipe