- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a stockpot, combine chicken broth, onion, cauliflower, and broccoli. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Continue to simmer until vegetables are tender. Season with curry powder, chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup of the milk. Whisk briskly until there are no lumps. Add mixture to soup, stirring continuously as soup thickens. Stir in Cheddar cheese until completely melted.
Tim Perry's Soup (Creamy Curry Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup), recipe