- Tuna-Egg Salad:
- 1 (5 ounce) can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped hamburger dill pickle chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes
- Fruit Kebabs:
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 6 strawberries
- Vegetable Cut-Outs:
- 2 carrots, divided
- 2 cucumbers, divided
- black olives
- 1 hot hard-boiled egg, peeled
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, chopped egg, onion, pickle chips, and salt in a bowl to make tuna-egg salad.
- Place tomatoes on a flat work surface. Cut slits from the top towards the bottom to make partial wedges. Fill tomatoes with tuna salad.
- Dip banana slices in lemon juice. Thread a toothpick through a banana slice, pineapple chunk, and strawberry. Repeat assembling kebabs with the remaining fruit.
- Cut 1 carrot and 1 cucumber into 3/4-inch circles. Cut each carrot slice into the shape of a tulip using a small knife. Trim cucumber slices into leaves. Thread a leaf through a toothpick; insert a tulip on top. Repeat with the remaining leaves and tulips.
- Cut the other carrot and cucumber into 1/2-inch slices. Cut out mini carrot and cucumber flowers using a mini flower-shaped vegetable cutter.
- Place the hot egg in a heart-shaped egg mold; close the lid slowly and tightly. Soak the mold in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Remove egg and drain on a paper towel.
- Arrange tuna-egg salad, fruit kebabs, tulips, carrot and cucumber cut-outs, and heart-shaped eggs in a bento box.
Tuna Egg Salad Bento Box, recipe