- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cashew flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 fluid ounce liquid stevia, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Soak chia seeds in the water in a bowl until thickened and paste-like, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk cashew flour, flax seed, coconut flour, tapioca starch, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Mix chia seed mixture, dates, walnuts, zucchini, applesauce, coconut oil, and stevia together in a separate bowl; stir into dry mixture until batter is just combined. Spoon batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool muffins in the muffin tin on a wire rack before removing, about 10 minutes; cool another 5 minutes before serving.
Vegan Date, Walnut, and Zucchini Muffins, recipe