- 2 1/3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine zucchini, bananas, applesauce, brown sugar, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Whisk flour, baking soda, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, and cloves together in a separate bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to zucchini mixture while continuously stirring until batter is just combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups about 3/4-full.
- Mix white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Vegan Zucchini Banana Bread Muffins, recipe