- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup drained and rinsed black beans
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Combine water, quinoa, and olive oil in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir rosemary into the quinoa mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 6 muffin cups.
- Mix quinoa mixture, zucchini, mozzarella cheese, black beans, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, egg whites, and white pepper together in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into each muffin cup and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set in the middle and edges are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the muffin cups.
Vegetarian Quinoa Frittatas, recipe