- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three 8x4 inch loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the wet ingredients until moistened. Gently stir in the zucchini and walnuts until evenly distributed. Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the crown comes out clean. Cool in the pan until cool enough to touch, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap or store in a plastic bag when cool.
Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread, recipe