- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups lukewarm milk
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pour flour into a large bowl; slowly stir milk into flour. Add whisked eggs, butter, and oil and mix to form a smooth pancake batter. Stir vanilla extract, yeast, and salt into batter. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, set bowl in a warm place, and let rise until doubled in volume, 1 to 3 hours.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4-cup onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Yeast Pancakes from Transylvania, recipe