- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir pine nuts in the hot skillet until toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and return pasta to pot to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onion and garlic until onion softens, 5 to 10 minutes. Add zucchini, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until zucchini is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour milk over zucchini mixture and simmer until zucchini is softened, 5 to 10 minutes; add pasta and toss. Transfer pasta mixture to plates and top each with Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, tomato, and black pepper.
Zucchini Pasta with Pine Nuts, recipe