- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup cooked Great Northern beans
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 roma (plum) tomato, roughly chopped
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the pine nuts, basil, and oregano into a food processor. Cover, and pulse 2 or 3 times to finely grind the nuts. Add beans and garlic; process until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour in the lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper, and pulse 2 to 3 times until mixture is smooth and spreadable. With the food processor running, drizzle the oil into the dip. If mixture becomes too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time until the dip is the right consistency.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to blend the flavors before serving.
White Bean Dip with Pine Nuts, recipe