- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 head white cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 dash hot sauce, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1 lime wedge
- Heat canola oil in a very large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Push ground beef to 1 side of skillet and add white cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, and red bell pepper. Mix vegetables with the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir soy sauce, sesame oil, and hot sauce into beef-vegetable mixture until well mixed; season with salt and pepper. Serve slaw with fresh cilantro, lime wedge, and more hot sauce.
Addictive Asian Beef Slaw (Crack Slaw), recipe