- 1 (2 pound) Savoy cabbage
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Remove and discard any coarse outer cabbage leaves. Peel off large leaves just until they are difficult to remove. Cut out and discard thick veins and stems. Stack leaves and thinly slice crosswise. Quarter remaining whole cabbage. Cut out and discard core, and thinly slice quarters crosswise.
- Transfer cabbage to a large bowl with red onion, carrot, pepper, green onions, and parsley. Sprinkle with salt and toss.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, soy sauce, and honey in a small bowl. Drizzle over cabbage mixture and toss. Press mixture down and chill, covered, 1 to 2 hours. Season with more salt, if needed.
Easy Asian Cole Slaw, recipe