- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 (10 inch) warm flour tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute celery and onion in hot oil until onion starts to turn translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin; saute until onion is soft, about 5 minutes more. Stir garlic into onion mixture and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir tomatoes into onion mixture; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium, and cook and stir until liquid is mostly evaporated and mixture is thick, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix cannellini beans and red kidney beans into tomato mixture; cook until bean filling is heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Season filling with lime juice, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Spoon filling in a line across the middle of a tortilla. Fold opposing edges of the tortilla to overlap the filling. Roll 1 of the opposing edges around the filling into a burrito. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas.
Appetizing Vegetarian Burritos, recipe