- 12 spears white asparagus
- 4 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 24 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch the asparagus until it is barely cooked and still crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. When done, plunge the asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking. When cool, trim the asparagus to 8-inch lengths. Wrap a bundle of 6 asparagus spears with six strips of bacon, side by side, securing each slice with a toothpick. The bacon should be wrapped around twice so that there are two layers.
- Trim the enoki mushrooms, and separate into 12 pieces. Stuff each enoki piece with four pieces of shiitake. Wrap each bundle with a slice of bacon, wrapping around twice, and secure with a toothpick. Place the bundles on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven for 6 minutes, then flip the bundles over, and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until the bacon is brown and crisp.
- To serve, remove all 24 toothpicks, and slice the asparagus bundles between the bacon. Drain on paper towels for a moment before serving.
Bacon Wrapped Delights, recipe