- 2 large potatoes, cut into 4 to 6 wedges
- 8 slices bacon, or more as needed
- 8 toothpicks
- 2 cups canola oil, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wrap each potato wedge with 1 slice bacon. Secure each end of the bacon slice with a toothpick.
- Place potato wedges in a large saucepan. Pour in canola oil to to cover halfway. Cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until potato wedges are tender, about 20 minutes. Increase heat to high; cook until bacon is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes more. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Mix butter, honey, green onion, parsley, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Remove toothpicks from potato wedges and transfer to a platter. Drizzle melted butter mixture on top.
Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes with Honey-Scallion Sauce, recipe