- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in sour cream, almond extract, and vanilla extract until batter is smooth.
- Stir all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom, and salt together in a bowl. Add to the batter; mix on low speed just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan. Scatter berries on top. Sprinkle sliced almonds and turbinado sugar over berries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan; serve warm or at room temperature.
Berry Almond Cake, recipe