- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon fat free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat an 8 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir the egg mixture into the flour until well moistened. Toss the raspberries with the brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the cake pan and sprinkle with the raspberries and almonds. Spoon the remaining batter over the raspberries.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake springs back when lightly touched, 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the glaze, stir together the sugar, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the cooled coffee cake. Serve at room temperature.
berry good coffee cake, recipe