- 1 large Vidalia or sweet onion, peeled and cut into large wedges
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- garlic salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Place the onion wedges on a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Dot with butter, then sprinkle with bouillon, garlic salt, and pepper to taste. Fold the aluminum foil into a packet, leaving only a small hole at the top to allow steam to escape.
- Place packet on preheated grill, and cook until the onions have softened, and cooked to a deep, rich brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the temperature of the grill. Stir the onions after the first 30 minutes, or as needed to keep from burning.
Caramelized Onions on the Grill, recipe