- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and chopped pecans. Mix well, then stir in melted butter or margarine. Mix until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Press mixture into pan. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- To Make Cream Cheese Filling: In medium mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in confectioners' sugar. Scrape sides of bowl. Add vanilla extract. Add orange liqueur if desired. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon filling into cooled crust. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and chill at least 3 hours.
- To Make Cranberry Topping: In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, 1 cup white sugar, and 1 tablespoon water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil and cranberries begin to pop. Remove from heat. Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water together in a small bowl, until smooth, then stir into cranberry mixture. Return pan to heat. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Spread cranberry topping over cream cheese filling. Chill pie thoroughly before serving.
Cranberry Cream Pie, recipe