- 8 (4 ounce) links Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon garlic flavored olive oil
- 3 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic flavored olive oil
- Slice each sausage link into 5 pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, and cook until browned, turning as needed.
- Drain excess grease, then add the green, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over all, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and stir. Add the garlic and onion to the pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover, and simmer for 15 more minutes. Stir, then top with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from the heat and enjoy.
Daddy's Sausage and Peppers, recipe