- Poppy Seed Paste:
- 2 1/2 cups white poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 cups black poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- Dessert Hummus:
- 2 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar, or to taste
- 1 sprig mint, leaves removed and stem discarded, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons poppyseed oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest, or to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- Spice Topping:
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 2 pinches ground cardamom
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread white and black poppy seeds on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly roasted and fragrant, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer poppy seeds to a blender or mortar and pestle and grind into a fine flour. Add 1 1/2 cup coconut water and butter; blend until paste is creamy and has a pourable consistency. Add enough honey to make paste moderately sweet.
- Place macadamia nuts, 1/4 cup coconut water, lemon juice, orange juice, ginger, lime juice, olive oil, sugar, mint, poppyseed oil, orange zest, and salt in a food processor or blender. Add 1 1/2 cup poppy seed paste; blend until hummus is smooth. Transfer hummus to a serving bowl.
- Mix cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and nutmeg together in a small bowl to make spice topping. Sprinkle over hummus.
dessert hummus, recipe