- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Stir flour, sugar, coconut, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Whisk yogurt, egg, egg white, vegetable oil, and coconut extract together in a separate bowl until thoroughly combined. Pour egg mixture into well in dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove muffins from pan immediately.
diabetic-friendly coconut muffins, recipe