- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cook the beef and pork in a skillet over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain grease, and transfer meat to a large bowl. Place onion and garlic in the skillet, and cook until onion is tender. Transfer to bowl with beef. Mix the bread crumbs, parsley, and oregano into the bowl.
- Spread 1/2 the pasta sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. Stuff manicotti shells with the meat mixture, arrange in the baking dish, and cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover pan with foil, and bake manicotti 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and continue baking 20 minutes, until bubbly.
Emily's Manicotti, recipe