- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch black pepper (optional)
- Heat 6 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then stir in garlic, broccoli, and mushrooms; cook until lightly browned. Add anchovies and water, cover, and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in green onions, tomatoes, and parsley, cover again, simmering until vegetables are soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, bring a large pot of water and one teaspoon of olive oil to a boil. Add linguine and cook until al dente, about 7 to 8 minutes; drain. Toss with anchovy mixture and crushed red pepper flakes. If desired, season with black pepper. Serve immediately.
Garlic Anchovy Linguine, recipe