- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 small Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch pan; lightly flour with gluten-free flour.
- Whisk sorghum flour, almond flour, rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture until incorporated and batter is thoroughly combined. Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour and press batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
gluten-free european apple cake, recipe