- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 10 minutes more. Fluff with a fork and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 8-inch cake pans and line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper.
- Blend butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a blender until combined. Add 2 cups cooked quinoa and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender with a rubber spatula as necessary.
- Whisk sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add quinoa mixture into sugar mixture and whisk until batter is smooth. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely in the pans before removing to a plate.
gluten-free moist chocolate cake, recipe