- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pecans on the prepared baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Leave the oven on. Transfer pecans to a small bowl and reserve the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Combine salted butter, ground almonds, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, honey, egg, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a large bowl; beat using an electric mixer until combined. Add toasted pecans and mix in. Press dough together and cover the bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator or freezer. Use a small cookie scoop to make 24 cookies, rolling each gently by hand and working quickly so dough stays cold. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden around edges, about 15 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and immediately dust with about 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar.
- Allow to cool slightly. Pour remaining confectioners' sugar into a shallow bowl. Once cool enough to handle, roll each cookie in confectioners' sugar and cool completely before serving.
gluten-free snowball cookies, recipe