- 1 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toast pecans in the preheated oven until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Chop coarsely.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and shortening in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Sift gluten-free flour, 1 packet plus 2 teaspoons gelatin, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger together in a bowl. Mix into the brown sugar mixture on low speed. Mix pecans, oats, and raisins into the dough.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the the preheated oven until edges are golden, about 13 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Gluten-Free Raisin Oatmeal Cookies, recipe