- Jalapeno-Lime Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- sea salt to taste
- 1 large bunch kale, ribs removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, honey, cumin, coriander, and sea salt together in a bowl until dressing is smooth.
- Place kale in a bowl and sprinkle sea salt over kale. Massage salt into the kale until leaves are darker in color and fragrant. Drizzle enough dressing over kale to lightly coat. Gently fold in black beans, avocado, and feta cheese.
- Place pecans into a skillet and sprinkle sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt over pecans; cook and stir over medium-low heat until fragrant and sugar is dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Cool pecans and chop.
- Distribute salad among serving bowls and top with toasted pecans and cilantro.
Kale, Avocado, and Black Bean Salad, recipe