- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 shallots, minced
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- Melt the 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the shallots in the skillet until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, and lemon zest into the bowl with the shallots. Season with marjoram, salt, and pepper. Let stand 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Form the lamb mixture into small meatballs, and cook in the skillet in batches until evenly brown. Do not drain skillet. Drain meatballs on paper towels, and place in a serving dish.
- Mix tomato sauce, wine, garlic, and cinnamon into the skillet. Cook and stir until well blended and heated through. Drizzle over the meatballs in the dish. Serve with toothpicks.
Lamb Meatballs, recipe