- 1 pound ground lamb, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sumac (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Boil lamb in a pot of water, breaking into small chunks with a spoon, until fully cooked, 5 to 10 minutes. Skim fat from water using a spoon and drain water from meat.
- Mix cooked lamb, cabbage, onion, egg, allspice, cardamom, turmeric, sumac, salt, and pepper together in bowl; roll into 1 1/2-inch balls. Arrange meatballs on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are cooked through and browned on the outside, 25 to 30 minutes.
healthy lamb meatballs, recipe