- 5 pounds green tomatoes, chopped
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) packet salsa tomato mix (such as Mrs. Wages®)
- 5 jalapeno peppers, diced, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, or to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1-pint canning jars with lids and rings
- Combine green tomatoes, onions, green bell peppers, salsa mix, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a large pot over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 1 to 2 hours.
- Ladle hot tomato mixture into clean pint jars. Let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Seal and refrigerate.
layla's green tomato salsa verde, recipe