- 12 1/2 cups chopped green tomatoes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 4 serrano peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 6 limes, juiced, divided
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine green tomatoes, onions, jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, and red bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix cilantro, sugar, garlic, oregano, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Fill a blender with about 2 cups tomato mixture, 1 teaspoon lime juice, and 1/4 of the spice mixture; blend to desired consistency and pour into a large bowl. Repeat blending with remaining tomato mixture, lime juice, and spice mixture, working in batches, until all ingredients are blended. Stir vinegar into salsa.
Spicy Green Tomato Salsa, recipe