- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups butter
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 3 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 pounds fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease mini muffin pans.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour, one cup at a time, until all is incorporated. Roll dough into 70 small balls, and press each into a mini muffin pan cup to form the pastry crusts.
- Bake crusts in preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
- Stir gelatin, sugar, and food coloring into the boiling water. Place over high heat; bring back to a boil. Stir together cornstarch and water to make a paste. Stir the cornstarch mixture in the boiling gelatin until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon cooled gelatin mixture evenly into tart shells. Push a strawberry half down into each tart. If desired, top each tart with a small amount of whipped topping just before serving.
Mini Strawberry Tarts, recipe