- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 pound rhubarb, finely diced
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Stir pretzel crumbs, butter, walnuts, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and cardamom in a bowl until mixture is well combined and loose. Spoon pretzel mixture into the bottom of prepared muffin cups, filling them about 1/4 full. Press the crust down.
- Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl until frothy, and mix in raw sugar, self-rising flour, and vanilla extract to make a batter; stir in rhubarb and strawberries. Spoon fruit mixture over pretzel crust, filling muffin cups to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fruit filling is bubbling and golden brown on top, about 30 minutes. Cool 10 to 15 minutes; serve warm.
strawberry rhubarb miniature tarts, recipe