- 1 cup water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces walnuts
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the Brussels sprouts. Return to boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, until sprouts are tender. Drain.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix the butter, walnuts, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Cover, and cook on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted and the walnuts are warm. Pour over the cooked Brussels sprouts to serve.
mom's brussels sprouts, recipe