- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin (such as JELL-O®)
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, juice drained and reserved
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, or as needed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Dissolve gelatin completely in 2 cups hot water and pour into desired mold. Mix crushed pineapple, bananas, and 1 1/2 cup cold water into gelatin mixture; top with miniature marshmallows. Chill until firm.
- Whisk reserved pineapple juice, sugar, flour, and egg in a saucepan over low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture almost comes to a simmer and becomes thick, about 5 minutes. Mix cream cheese into sauce, transfer to a large bowl, and cool to room temperature. Stir whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Spread over gelatin. Chill thoroughly before serving.
mom's secret cherry jell-o® salad, recipe