- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pour warm water into a small bowl. Dissolve honey and yeast in water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, corn flour, salt, black pepper, oregano, basil and rosemary. Add the yeast mixture, tomato sauce and olive oil; stir well to combine.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) place pizza stone in oven if one is to be used.
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into two equal pieces and form into rounds, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll the rounds out to crust size. Spread crusts with desired pizza sauce from the center outward and cover with desired toppings. Bake on preheated pizza stone or on lightly oiled pizza pans until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 12 minutes.
Pizza Crust Fantastico, recipe